Global Hotspots: Managing Your Import/Export Risks
- November 7, 2019
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Colony Square – Midtown – Concourse “C” Level
1197 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30361 United States + Google Map
- Consulate General of Canada in Atlanta
- World Trade Center Atlanta
Join us for a lunch-and-learn as industry experts from Tempus, TOTO USA, Aventure Aviation, and One Pacific Link, LLC discuss and answer all your questions on how to best manage political, economic, and financial risks for global businesses.
Trade Wars, Recession Fears, Interest Rates, Brexit… Recent geopolitical and economic events have made global financial markets increasingly sensitive and volatile. Listen as Tempus’ VP of Dealing and Trading (and Bloomberg’s top-ranked currency forecaster), John Doyle, discusses recent global macroeconomic trends, his outlook for global currency markets, and the foreign exchange (FX) risks and best practices for global businesses. Learn from other experts about their specific experiences around the world – from Asia and North America to the Middle East and Europe – and ways in which they have solved various risk problems.
David Weiner, Consul & Senior Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Canada/Export Development Canada
Dr. Diane Alleva Caceres, Council on Foreign Relations International Affairs Fellow in Canada at the Institute for Research on Public Policy; President, World Trade Center Atlanta
John Doyle, Vice President of Dealing and Trading, Tempus
Dan Usher, Global Director, One Pacific Link, LLC
Zaheer Faruqi, President, Aventure Aviation
Chris Germany, Senior Director Operations, TOTO USA
- 11:30am Registration & Networking
- 12:00pm Welcome
- 12:05pm Program
- 1:05pm Q&A
- 1:30pm Conclude
Lunch included. Free Valet Parking Available.
Note: Valet parking is in the underground parking lot on the upper or red level parking deck, right by the entrance to the area where the conference center is located. The valet is complementary and parking will be validated on-site. Entrances to the parking garage are located both on 14th St. and on Peachtree St. in front of the building.
- Executives interested in understanding global financial, political and economic risk and the driving forces behind them;
- Executives interested in learning the nuts and bolts of managing these risks when doing business globally;
- Corporate development specialists/business owners interested in sharing ideas about new business models that take advantage of international trade;
- Individuals seeking to understand risk in today’s complex global market;
- Executives and colleagues interested in expanding their network of relationships.