Ambassador Andrew Young to be presented with the John C. Portman Global Leadership Award
Sponsorship opportunities available to meet your needs, from $500 table-tops to the $20,000 Platinum level!
To discuss, please contact:
Dr. Diane Alleva Cáceres, Chair at email@example.com or call 404-374-7682
Ms. Joanne Sanders, Vice Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-644-2779
About World Trade Day
Continuing a Trade & Investment Legacy
In 1935 President Franklin D. Roosevelt officially proclaimed a national observance in the United States each May of the benefits of global trade. Each U.S. President since then has renewed this declaration, asking for communities across the nation for their commitment.
The World Trade Center Atlanta, one of 320 centers of international business exchange across the globe, is responding to the call with its 2nd Annual World Trade Day in Georgia on May 4, 2018.
This historic event will honor the international trade community and your contributions to the economic power of our region. It will convene CEOs, policy-makers, scholars and thought leaders to discuss today’s most pressing trade issues and opportunities to build a strong regional economy.
Last Year’s Statistics
World Trade Day Conference
Attendees Held Titles of Director or Above
Attendees Came From Industries Involved in FDI & Global Trade
Were SMB Companies Looking to Grow Internationally
Said They Would Return to WTD in 2018
All Day Registration, Networking and Global Business Exchanges 7:30am – 5:00pm
Welcome & Introduction – World Trade Center Atlanta
Keynote Speaker – Mr. Bryson Koehler, CTO, IBM Watson & IBM Cloud
Morning Parallel Panel Discussions
- From Brexit and NAFTA to Africa and China: Geopolitical Forces Impacting Global Market Opportunities
- Financing Your Global Expansion in Today’s Ever-Changing Digital Era
- Growing Globally – What’s Holding You Back? Identifying and Addressing Pain Points
Luncheon and Distinguished Panel Discussion: High Stake Innovations Impacting the Global Stage – Where Does Georgia Lead?
John C. Portman Global leadership Award
Presented by John C. “Jack” Portman III, Vice Chairman, Portman Holdings
Afternoon “Conversations that Matter” – Parallel Roundtables
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: What Is It and How Does It Impact Your Company?
- MedTech: Revolutionizing the Way We Manage Our Health
- Advanced Manufacturing: Disruptive Innovations, Global Supply Chains and Complex Markets – What’s Your Strategic Plan?
Closing Guest Speaker – Navigating the U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and Its Impact on Trade
Closing Reception & Networking
Our Keynote Speakers
Continuing a Trade and Investment Legacy
CTO of the IBM Watson and Cloud Platform
Bryson Koehler is CTO of the IBM Watson and Cloud Platform, and distinguished engineer for IBM. As CTO, he leads the integration of IBM Watson’s AI suite, The world’s most powerful data and analytics platform, a new, true cloud laaS as well as many of IBM’s strategic areas under a single, cloud-native architecture.
Dr. Penny Prime
Dr. Diane Alleva Cáceres
Alexander P. Woollcott
Iliana Malinov, CPA
Armah Kofi Buah
7:30am - 9:00am | Registration, Networking Breakfast & Global Exchange Stations/Exhibit Hall
Registration, Networking Breakfast & Global Exchange Stations/Exhibit Hall (Throughout the Day)
7:30am | VIP Breakfast & Networking
VIP Breakfast & Networking
8:30am - 9:00am | Welcome & Introduction
Welcome & Introduction
9:00am - 10:00am | Keynote Speaker
Mr. Bryson Koehler, CTO, IBM Watson & IBM Cloud
9:50am – Governor Deal’s “World Trade Day 2018” Proclamation
10:15am - 11:30am | Parallel Panel Discussions (Choice of One)
From Brexit and NAFTA to Africa and China: Geopolitical Forces Impacting Global Market Opportunities
Global political and economic disruptions are changing the trade and investment landscape in ways that we did not imagine just a few years ago. The United States, Canada and Mexico are renegotiating NAFTA, the United Kingdom continues the complicated process of leaving the European Union, China is shaping its leadership role in Asia while North Korea poses imminent threats to security, and elections in African countries bring the promise of positive change and economic growth. How do these and other forces impact global market opportunities? What can we expect in terms of political and economic changes over the next decade? How can firms manage this uncertainty and risk as they compete globally?
Moderator: Dennis Lockhart, 14th President and former CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta; Harvard Kennedy School
- Nadia Theodore, Consul General, Canadian Consulate General in Atlanta
- Kristen Hirst, Vice Consul Trade & Investment, Financial, Professional & Business Services, Department for International Trade (Invited)
- Dr. Penny Prime, Clinical Professor, J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University
- Troy Gautier, CEO, Alliances Progress
Financing Your Global Expansion in Today’s Ever-Changing Digital Era
The diversity of sources of capital to support your business’s global growth has expanded significantly over the last several decades. Today, entrepreneurs doing business with international clients, or directly overseas, have financing options that include traditional and non-traditional financial models. These include big banks, private equity, bonds, crowdfunding, private international offerings, ICOs and even the EB-5 immigrant investor program. Learn more about how to access and use innovative financing as well as understand the legal and accounting components to enable your company’s global growth.
Moderator: Delray Wannemacher, President and CEO,First Look Equities, LLC
- Rogelio Carrasquillo, Member, Cozen O’Connor’s Corporate and EB-5 Practices
- Enrique Martinez, CEO, Web Capitalists and Blocksis Corporation
- Ismael Fernández, PhD, President and EB-5 Economist
Growing Globally – What’s Holding You Back? Identifying and Addressing Pain Points
Are you thinking about exporting, importing or investing globally but do not have the tools? Are you currently active globally but face growth challenges from limited internal capabilities and a lack of an innovation strategy to market entry barriers? Are you considering how the diversity of regulations and tax codes impact your firm’s growth? Learn how to identify and address these and other pain points to get back on your growth trajectory.
Moderator: Joanne Sanders, Managing Director, eWise Communications
- Mary Waters, Deputy Commissioner for International Trade, Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Maureen Halstedt, Director, Global Product Manager, KaMin, LLC
- Iliana Malinov, Director International Tax, Gross Collins
11:30am - 11:45am | Networking & Global Exchange Stations
Networking & Global Exchange Stations
11:45am - 1:00pm | Luncheon & Distinguished Panel Discussion
High Stake Innovations Impacting the Global Stage – Where Does Georgia Lead?
Moderator: Dr. Diane Alleva Cáceres, CEO, Market Access International, Inc.
- Steve Justice, Executive Director, Georgia Centers of Innovation
- Marek Gootman, Fellow and Director of Strategic Partnerships and Global Initiatives – Metropolitan Policy Program, The Brookings Institution
- Dr. Jagdish N. Sheth, Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing, Goizueta Business School, Emory University
- Chris Germany, Director of Logistics, TOTO USA
1:00pm - 1:30pm | John C. Portman Global leadership Award Presentation
John C. Portman Global leadership Award Presented by John C. “Jack” Portman III, Vice Chairman, Portman Holdings To Ambassador Andrew Young, Jr.
1:30pm - 1:45pm | Networking & Global Exchange Stations
Networking & Global Exchange Stations
1:45pm - 3:15pm | 'Conversations that Matter' Parallel Roundtables (Choice of One)
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: What Is It and How Does It Impact Your Company?
Innovations in artificial intelligence, machine learning, cybersecurity and IoT are impacting almost every manufacturing and service industry. These technologies intersect, enabling breakthroughs from autonomous vehicles to personalized healthcare to improved customer experiences but they also raise challenges. How are regulations changing to facilitate versus inhibit innovation? Learn how these technologies help companies like yours turn data into intelligence leading to more accurate forecasts, improved productivity and strengthened capability to compete globally.
Moderator: Ben Cagle, Managing Partner of Cagle Consulting Partners
- Alexander P. Woollcott, Partner, Morris, Manning & Martin LLP
- Don Turner, Global Director, IBM Watson Health
- Harsh Kar, Managing Director, Accenture
MedTech: Revolutionizing the Way We Manage Our Health
Learn about the latest exciting global innovations in medical technologies – from robotics and bioinformatics to medical devices and therapeutics – impacting our lives and businesses. The rapidly expanding global market for medical technologies, currently valued at $400 billion, is creating trade and investment opportunities for firms active in microelectronics and telecommunications, instrumentation, biotechnology and software development, among other industries. What are the global business opportunities and how can organizations benefit? How do firms innovate as regulatory environments change and costs rise? What types of global partnerships lead to successful innovations? Where does your firm fit along the value chain?
Moderator: Russell Allen, President & CEO, Georgia Bio
- Mary Butler, Chief Technology Officer, Dornier MedTech GmbH • Dr. Robert T. McNally, President & CEO, GeoVax
- Dr. Janet L. Walsh, President and CEO, Birchtree Global, LLC
- Tiffany (Karp) Wilson, CEO Global Center for Medical Innovation & T3 Labs
Advanced Manufacturing: Disruptive Innovations, Global Supply Chains and Complex Markets – What’s Your Strategic Plan?
Many industries – automotive, food processing, medical devices, packaging, technical textiles, and plastics to name a few – are experiencing disruptions from the creation and use of new technologies. 3D-printing, robotics, digital supply chains and even augmented reality can improve manufacturers’ productivity and competitive positions in the market. But, which technologies will have the biggest positive impact on your business? How will your workforce needs change? What are the opportunities and risks of investing in these innovations?
Moderator: Ron McGary, Program Director & Industrial Systems Technology Instructor, Lanier Tech
- Eric Hansotia, Eric Hansotia, Senior VP Global Harvesting, Crop Care, Advanced Technology Solutions, & Dealer Technical Support, AGCO Corporation
- Tempus US (Invited)
- Shay Foley, General Manager, Alcon, A Novartis Division
- Crystal Y. Davis, CLSSBB, CEO/Lean Practitioner, The Lean Coach (Invited)
3:15pm - 4:15pm | Closing Guest Speaker – Navigating the U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and Its Impact on Trade
Closing Guest Speaker: Samuel F. Williams, Jr., Managing Director, International Tax, Deloitte Tax Moderator: Bill Crane, Principal, Media Relations/Strategy, CSI Crane
4:15pm - 5:00pm | Reception & Networking
(Optional activity and additional cost): “May the Fourth Be With You” Star Wars Theme! Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants 7:35pm at SunTrust Park 10 minute walk from the conference hotel. Bring your colleagues and new contacts!
Renaissance Waverly Hotel
2450 Galleria Pkwy
Atlanta GA 30339, US